An itinerary within the nature of Monolithos; a village with stone-built houses and picturesque lanes. The route spans around the imposing chivalric castle that stands on a steep. The view from the castle is so exceptional; leaving one speechless. Following, we will get to know some of the locals and taste the delicious, authentic cuisine of the area. Finally, in Glyfada area, the adventure goes on as we follow a forest path that leads to a hidden, solitary beach. Then, swimming in the crystal clean water with the islands of Chalki and Alimia so close on sight… A truly memorable experience.
- Arrival at Monolithos village.
- Morning drink in a traditional coffee place.
- Hike in the area with two stops, one at the castle of Monolithos and then at the little tabernacle of St. George for picknick.
- Return to Monolithos village for a traditional meal and a stroll within the settlement.
- Departure and arrival to Glyfada area.
- Walk down the forest path that leads to a solitary beach and swim.
- Return to point of departure.
DIFFICULTY GRADE : 3
- Up to 5 hours’ hike on minor roads and paths of mean inclination angle.
- Ideal for beginners in average physical condition.
- Children above the age of 12.
COST€85 / person
TIME OF DEPARTURE : 08:15 – 09:00
TIME OF ARRIVAL : 18:15-18:45
DURATION : Full day excursion ~ 10 hours
DISTANCE : 10 km. + 1.5 km.
MINIMUM ELEVATION : 0 m.
MAXIMUM ELEVATION : 342 m.
MAXIMUM PARTICIPANTS : 16
• First aid kit.
• The presence of an environmentalist as well as an escort for groups over 8 people (1 escort per 8 people).
• Transport with fully air-conditioned vehicles (mini-bus or other according to the number of participants).
• Welcome drink (greek coffee or local herbal tea).
• Traditional snack.
• Full meal of authentic local dishes in a traditional tavern.
Trekking poles and special shoes are available for hire for only €5.00 / person (upon request, at least 2 days in advance).